Experience the perfect fusion of succulent salmon and the bold zing of Nani's fermented Lemon Pickle, all expertly marinated to culinary perfection. Grilled to tender, flaky perfection, this dish offers a delightful balance of citrusy tanginess and smoky grilled notes. Elevate your dining experience with this creative and unforgettable culinary masterpiece.
It's perfect for a romantic dinner or a cozy meal with a friend. Pair it with your favourite side dishes, such as roasted vegetables or a simple salad, for a complete dining experience.
- 2 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup Nani's Lemon Pickle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges and fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. **Prepare the Salmon:**
- Rinse the salmon fillets under cold running water and pat them dry with paper towels. Place them in a shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag.
2. **Marinate the Salmon:**
- In a bowl, combine Nani's Lemon Pickle, olive oil and minced garlic. Mix well to create a smooth marinade.
- Season the salmon fillets with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Then, pour the lemon pickle marinade over the salmon, making sure each fillet is evenly coated.
- Seal the dish or bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. You can marinate it for up to 2 hours for a more intense flavor.
3. **Preheat the Grill:**
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (about 375-400°F or 190-200°C). Make sure to clean and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
4. **Grill the Salmon:**
- Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off.
- Place the salmon fillets on the grill, skin side down. Close the grill lid.
- Grill for approximately 4-5 minutes per side, or until the salmon easily flakes with a fork and has nice grill marks. The exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of your salmon fillets.
- While grilling, you can baste the salmon with any leftover marinade for extra flavor.
- Carefully remove the grilled salmon from the grill using a spatula, leaving the skin behind if it sticks to the grill grates.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.